The Morrisville Public Library is proud to offer this service to our patrons under the following terms and conditions:
- Please limit repairs to (5) discs per visit and please bring the discs in a clearly marked case or CD-type holder.
- The library charges $3.00 per disc that MUST be paid in advance of the repair.
- ID is required to pick up your repaired items.
- You will be notified by phone when your discs have been processed. Please allow up to 2 weeks before calling the library.
- The library assumes no responsibility for items lost or damaged during the repair process. We will handle your discs and repair them as carefully as possible.
- We will make a reasonable attempt to repair the patron’s discs to pristine condition, with the following understanding:
- Not all discs can be repaired- we cannot repair cracked or chipped discs or discs that have been damaged by deep scratches, heat or chemicals.
- While most repaired discs will be returned in almost like-new condition, there may be a slight, barely noticeable circular pattern created during the wet sanding process or there maybe be text labeling near the center ring of the disc worn away. This is normal and cannot be avoided. It should not affect the playability of a repaired DVD or CD.
- While most retuned discs will be in substantially better condition than when received, we assume no responsibility for further damage caused by our process. For example, when repairing deep scratches in a highly damaged disc, it is possible that during the process we may damage the data layer while attempting to remove a deep scratch.
- The library will only repair 1-sided DVD’s and CD’s. We will NOT repair 2-sided DVD’s, video games or blue rays.
- We will hold the repaired items for (2) two weeks. After two weeks, they become the property of the library to dispose of at its discretion.
Please see appendix H for the form to fill out to bring with your item(s).
Adopted: November 21, 2013