The Morrisville Public Library welcomes tutors and students and recognizes the benefit to the students and parents of the community of permitting tutoring within the Library. The following procedures are intended to provide a balance between the use of the Library by tutors and their students and the use of the Library by other members of the community. The Library reserves the right to limit tutoring activities if space resources are monopolized or activities interfere with Library operations.
The Library does not sponsor, recommend or assume liability or responsibility for the work and/or activities of tutors who use library space. All arrangements for tutoring must be made between the tutor, student and parents. Tutors are responsible for establishing communication procedures for their students and the student’s parents. Library phones may not be used to make or cancel appointments. Library staff will not relay messages to tutors or students.
Tutoring Guidelines & Procedures
- Tutors are asked to visit the circulation desk to sign in at the start of each tutoring session and at the beginning of subsequent sessions with additional students. This allows the library to keep accurate statistics on the use of the Library and to monitor the number of students being tutored at any given time. At this time, tutors can choose or be assigned a space for tutoring. Space will be allocated on a first-come first-serve basis. Space may be reserved in advance by calling the library at 315-684-9130 or emailing the Library Manager.
- Spaces available for tutoring include, as available:
- Program room
- Small meeting room (Museum Room)
- Local History Room
- Tutoring sessions should be kept as quiet as possible so as not to disturb other library users. Headphones should be used when watching videos.
- Tutors are responsible for the behavior of their students. Smoking and vaping are not permitted on Library premises. Anyone found engaging in either behavior will be at risk of being banned from future library use.
- Library staff are happy to assist tutor teams in locating materials as they would any other patron. Students and tutors are encouraged to obtain library cards to facilitate using library materials.
- Tutors and students may use library materials (books, newspapers, computers, laptops) in accordance with library policies. Tutors and students must provide their own supplies, such as paper, pens, pencils, paper clips, etc.
- The Library is not responsible for storing materials for tutoring during or between sessions.
Morrisville Public Library Tutoring Policy
I have received a copy of the Morrisville Public Library Tutoring policy and agree to abide by the terms when tutoring on Library premises.
Tutors: Please sign, date and return to the circulation desk. A copy must be on file with the Library Manager before reserving space.
Adopted by the Board of Trustees on March 21, 2019